Narrow Road Depot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jonah 2:8-10

2 posters

Go down

Jonah 2:8-10 Empty Jonah 2:8-10

Post by clark thompson Mon Aug 07 2017, 05:06

Jonah 2:8-10 King James Version (KJV)
8 They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.
9 But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.
10 And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.

Jonah 2:8-10 International Children’s Bible (ICB)

8 “People who worship useless idols
    give up their loyalty to you.
9 Lord, I will praise and thank you
    while I give sacrifices to you.
I will make promises to you.
    And I will do what I promise.
Salvation comes from the Lord!”
10 Then the Lord spoke to the fish. And the fish spit Jonah out of its stomach onto the dry land.

International Children’s Bible (ICB) The Holy Bible, International Children’s Bible® Copyright© 1986, 1988, 1999, 2015 by Tommy Nelson™, a division of Thomas Nelson. Used by permission.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

8 False gods is anything people serve before God, anything people make an idol. We need to make sure God is first in our life. Jonah idol had become his own will because he wasn’t following God’s will.  Jonah is referring the Jews who would fall into captivity because of them worshiping idols later.

9 Jonah is trying to remind God who he is, God knew who Jonah was that is why he chose to call him. We also need to know that God knows us as well. Jesus came so we may be saved. God keeps His promises. 

10 Jonah was no longer in the fish, it likely the fish spit Jonah on the shore to go to Nineveh.

clark thompson

Back to top Go down

Jonah 2:8-10 Empty Re: Jonah 2:8-10

Post by Jarhead Tue Aug 08 2017, 05:59

Ever notice how far it is from the ocean to Nineveh?

Jonah had a 500 milk walk ~ plenty of time to think, pray and listen to the Lord.
Jarhead
Jarhead
Admin

https://narrowroaddepot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down