Narrow Road Depot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jonah 2:4-5

3 posters

Go down

Jonah 2:4-5 Empty Jonah 2:4-5

Post by clark thompson Mon Jul 10 2017, 11:12

Jonah 2:4-5 King James Version (KJV)
4 Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple.
5 The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head.

Jonah 2:4-5 International Children’s Bible (ICB)

4 I said, ‘I was driven out of your presence.
    But I hope to see your Holy Temple again.’
5 The waters of the sea closed over me.
I was about to die.
The deep sea was all around me.
    Seaweed wrapped around my head.

International Children’s Bible (ICB) The Holy Bible, International Children’s Bible® Copyright© 1986, 1988, 1999, 2015 by Tommy Nelson™, a division of Thomas Nelson. Used by permission.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

4 Jonah knew that what he had done was against what God wanted but also knew that God didn’t let him die because he still wanted him to go to preach. We cant ever be in this life outside of God’s sight the only place this happens is hell. Jonah was not in hell but in the belly of a fish. Thru Christ we gain excess to Him and He abides in us thru the Holy Spirit and one day because we received Christ as Lord we will gain excess to His home in heaven.

5 Jonah is speaking about him falling into the water. Jonah had time to think as he fell into the depths of the sea before the fish came to him, the fish swallowed him because God saw that he needed more time to think so that he would follow God’s will. Sometimes we are blessed with extra time to think of what God wants rather then for us to make huge mistake by falling away into sin and run from Jesus sometimes we don’t get this chance but as long as we are alive we can turn back to the Lord. Jonah had to go the Lord’s way because his way leads him into this fish. We have to go God’s way because our way will lead us to hell.

clark thompson

Back to top Go down

Jonah 2:4-5 Empty Re: Jonah 2:4-5

Post by Jarhead Tue Jul 11 2017, 07:17

Jonah's message is so powerful in many ways.  Thanks, Clark!
Jarhead
Jarhead
Admin

https://narrowroaddepot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tryphosa Tue Jul 11 2017, 14:40

As believers we call on the mighty name of JESUS when that verse 5 situation comes before us.
Tryphosa
Tryphosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down