Narrow Road Depot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anakypto Afterthoughts ~ The Revelation 12 Sign

3 posters

Go down

Anakypto Afterthoughts ~ The Revelation 12 Sign  Empty Anakypto Afterthoughts ~ The Revelation 12 Sign

Post by Tryphosa Fri Apr 14 2017, 21:00

Anakypto Afterthoughts ~ March 30, 2017 ~ The Revelation 12 Sign

(In response to the suggestion by “Informed Christian” Daniel Valles, and a few others, that the Revelation 12 sign is NOT connected to the rapture of the church, I have a guest blogger, Professor Al-Henk Rekers, Ph.D., Dr.Theol.)

Dr. Rekers:  Biblical scholars who believe in the inerrancy of Scripture who have studied Revelation 12 in the original Greek language, using scholarly methods of exegesis and comparing Revelation 12 to other Bible passages have drawn a distinction between two different Greek words for “child” in Revelation 12.

Theology Professor Dr. Michael Svigel from Dallas Theological Seminary demonstrates with Biblical exegesis that the sentence, “And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne” in Revelation 12:1-5 refers to the Rapture of the church. 

In his article The Apocalypse Of John And The Rapture Of The Church: A Reevaluation Professor Svigel explores various interpretations of the timing of the Rapture in the book of Revelation, and he concludes:

Read complete article: https://stevekerp.wordpress.com/

------------
Be sure to check out  The Sign of the Son  at the same link.
Tryphosa
Tryphosa

Back to top Go down

Anakypto Afterthoughts ~ The Revelation 12 Sign  Empty Re: Anakypto Afterthoughts ~ The Revelation 12 Sign

Post by Jarhead Fri Apr 14 2017, 22:02

Thanks for posting, Tyo!   Anakypto Afterthoughts ~ The Revelation 12 Sign  816170211
Jarhead
Jarhead
Admin

https://narrowroaddepot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Anakypto Afterthoughts ~ The Revelation 12 Sign  Empty The Tribulation Gospel

Post by Tryphosa Wed Aug 30 2017, 09:06

Another article from Steve:
The Tribulation Gospel
August 25, 2017

Here’s an illustration of the “tribulation gospel” and a few other things:

You buy (or inherit) a large piece of land. You may have funds to build your dream house on it, or perhaps funds are also part of the inheritance. But you tell your lovely and gracious bride that the deal is done, the paperwork is signed and the land is yours.

You are both so excited!

There is a sort of shack standing on the land now, and you decide you will move into the shack until your dream house is completed. You can hardly wait.

But there’s a small problem. A band of vagrants has set up camp on your land. They are trespassing – it’s not their land and never was. But while the land was vacant, they moved in. They are armed and dangerous. You tell them you own the land and you are moving in and they must “vacate the premises forthwith!” or you will call the Sheriff. They snarl at you and refuse to budge.

Read complete article Here: https://stevekerp.wordpress.com/
Tryphosa
Tryphosa

Back to top Go down

Anakypto Afterthoughts ~ The Revelation 12 Sign  Empty Re: Anakypto Afterthoughts ~ The Revelation 12 Sign

Post by Jarhead Wed Aug 30 2017, 10:01

Steve so seldom writes anything new that I stopped checking his page.

I appreciate this posting.

I tend to agree with Steve ~ many will be saved during Daniel's 70th, but it will be a whole lot harder ~ if they can't exercise faith now, I find it scarcely credible that they will be able to gin up the faith necessary to walk it then.

Regardless, I pray for them.
Jarhead
Jarhead
Admin

https://narrowroaddepot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Anakypto Afterthoughts ~ The Revelation 12 Sign  Empty Anakypto Afterthoughts ~ The Grand Insult

Post by Tryphosa Wed Sep 06 2017, 13:47

Anakypto Afterthoughts ~ The Grand Insult ~ September 4, 2017 ~ Steve Kerp

https://stevekerp.wordpress.com/2017/09/04/the-grand-insult/

I think I’ve sort of figured out why it bothers me so much that there is so much rank indifference to the Second Coming among those who self-identify as Christians. Yes, I know – many of these people may not be Christians in the Biblical sense. But the fact is, some are. And we talk with them – or try to – about the signs of the times, the things Jesus told us specifically to watch for, and the unmistakable Revelation 12 sign that’s nearly upon us …. and you know as well as I what kind of reaction we often get.

It bothers me because this is an insult to Jesus Christ of the highest order. Not just the disobedience to His explicit command to watch (Mark 13:37), but the inexcusable indifference to His return.

Here’s an illustration: A guy is engaged. He’s in the military and he is being deployed. So he says to his fiancée, “Sweetheart, troop movements and ship movements are classified, so I can’t tell you when I’ll be back. But check the ‘arrivals’ page on the base web site every night. It will announce our return 24 to 48 hours before we get back. You’ll have enough advance notice to be on the pier when I return.”

Then he leaves, and six months later he returns. He gets to the pier and lots of folks are there, but not his fiancée. He waits around for an hour or so, then gets on the phone. She tells him she never checked the arrivals.

You can imagine the excuses she might have offered, but the bottom-line question is: Does she really love him? And with that comes another question, does she deserve him?

I think the answer is “no” on both counts. And sadly, Jesus is getting the same shabby treatment from people we know who claim to be Christians. I think it’s shameful and disgusting, and I’m at a loss as to what I can do about it. But I think the Matthew 7:23 crowd is going to be a whole lot bigger than we imagine.

“No one knows the day or the hour” will NOT be a defense, or an adequate excuse. Let’s face it: arguably up to a quarter (perhaps more) of the scriptures have eschatological application. Did Jesus follow the Olivet discourse with, “but you need not concern yourselves, because ‘no one knows the day or the hour’?” Did John end Revelation with, “you can ignore everything I’ve written here, because ‘no one knows the day or the hour’ “?

I need not belabor this. And I won’t. For those who truly love Jesus Christ, these are exciting times. For those who want just enough Christianity to stay out of hell, I’m afraid a rude awakening may be in store.

Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing. (emphasis added) 2 Timothy 4:8
Tryphosa
Tryphosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tryphosa Wed Sep 06 2017, 14:02

Really appreciate Steve's simple analogy, no more time for long laborious theories, videos, knit-picky arguments and discussions or silly chit chat, we are here man! I can read this to a kid and they will get it.
Tryphosa
Tryphosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tryphena Fri Sep 08 2017, 09:05

Practical & heartbreaking analogy.
Thanks for posting Tyo.
Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down