Narrow Road Depot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreaming Dreams And Seeing Visions

3 posters

Go down

Dreaming Dreams And Seeing Visions Empty Dreaming Dreams And Seeing Visions

Post by Tryphena Wed Sep 10 2014, 16:45

Dreaming Dreams And Seeing Visions
Monday, September 8th, 2014
Church, End Times, Israel, Prophecy

Q.  My question is  about Joel 2:28.  I hear many people today claiming that the Lord has spoken to them through dreams and visions about how these end times are going to play out and how we need to prepare with food and arming ourselves. When I asked one of these persons to give me Bible verses to back this up they beat around the bush and I really didn’t get a verse of scripture.  There are so many people claiming that they are getting words from the Lord with this method that I feel left out! The only Word I get from The Lord is in the Bible. So are they right and can this verse of scripture be used to back them up?

A.  The context of Joel 2:28-32 is a warning to Israel telling them what to expect as the Day of the Lord draws near.  To learn what the Church should expect we should look in the New Testament, because Israel and the Church have different destinies where the End of the Age is concerned.

Jesus said when we see all these things (signs of the end of the age) begin to take place we should stand up and lift up our heads because our redemption is drawing near (Luke 21:28). He also promised to keep true believers from (out of) the hour of trial that’s coming upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth (Rev. 3:10). Paul said Jesus will rescue (deliver) us from (the time and place of) the coming wrath (1 Thes. 1:10) because we’re not appointed to suffer wrath (1 Thes. 5:9).  (The parenthetical inserts reflect the literal meaning of the original language.)

God’s word should always be given more weight than the dreams and visions some people claim to have. I haven’t found anything in the New Testament to support the idea that the Church should “hunker down” and be prepared to defend ourselves in the days ahead.

http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/dreaming-dreams-seeing-visions/
Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Dreaming Dreams And Seeing Visions Empty Prophetic Dreams

Post by Tryphena Wed Sep 10 2014, 16:48

Prophetic Dreams
Monday, June 22nd, 2009
Prophecy

Q.  What does the Bible say about dreams?  How are they important, in both prophetic and “day-to-day” purposes?

A. There are several instances of dreams serving as messages from God in the Bible.  For instance Jacob’s son Joseph had 2 prophetic dreams .  Later, Pharaoh and two of his officials had dreams that Joseph interpreted.  Nebuchadnezzar also had two that Daniel interpreted for him and Joseph of Nazareth had several in connection with the Lord’s birth.  The Magi were also warned in a dream  to stay away from Herod upon leaving Bethlehem.  And there are other examples.

Quoting Joel, Peter said that in the last days young men would see visions and old men would dream dreams. (Acts 2:17)

So there is periodic mention of dreams being messages from God in both the Old and New Testaments. But that’s not to say that all or even most dreams are messages from God. In fact those that are appear to be quite rare.  From the Bibles’ descriptions it seems that each person who had a dream of that sort knew it was a special message, and in those cases when they weren’t able to understand it, God sent someone to interpret it for them.

It’s important to remember that when God sent someone, He provided them with credentials.  Joseph had demonstrated his ability with the Baker and the Wine Steward before he interpreted Pharaoh’s dream, and Daniel revealed Nebuchadnezzar’s dream to him even though its contents had been kept secret. And both men gave all the credit to God.

http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/prophetic-dreams/

Last edited by Tryphena on Wed Sep 10 2014, 16:52; edited 1 time in total
Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Dreaming Dreams And Seeing Visions Empty Interpreting Dreams

Post by Tryphena Wed Sep 10 2014, 16:51

Interpreting Dreams
Wednesday, September 18th, 2013
Interpreting Verses

Q.  I am a college student taking Psychology this semester.  This week, I have an assignment due on Dream Interpretations.  My instructor sent me to a website that interprets dreams and gives their symbolic meaning.  Being a Christian, I don’t feel like this is a Christ-pleasing thing to do.  I don’t believe it’s up to us to interpret our dreams and try to put symbolic meaning to them.  I was wondering what the Biblical perspective is to interpreting dreams.  Any help or Scripture references you can give me would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you and God bless!

A. The Bible’s two most famous interpreters of dreams both had the same thing to say about this.

When Pharaoh asked Joseph if he could interpret dreams, Joseph said, “I cannot do it, but God will give Pharaoh the answer He desires” (Genesis 41:16).

When Nebuchadnezzar asked the same thing of Daniel, his response was, “No wise man, enchanter, magician, or diviner can explain to the king the mystery he has asked about, but there is a God in Heaven who reveals mysteries. He has shown King Nebuchadnezzar what will happen in days to come (Daniel 2:27-28).”

From this we see that the accurate interpretation of dreams can come only from God. Mankind has not been given that ability apart from Him.

http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/interpreting-dreams/
Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Dreaming Dreams And Seeing Visions Empty Dreams and Visions

Post by Tryphena Sat Aug 08 2015, 23:58

Dreams and Visions
Friday, August 7th, 2015

Q. In recent years there have been so many prophecies of destruction coming to America.  I know we are in the end times but there are so many words of judgement and then on the other hand others are prophesying God will bless America again.   I was wondering what your take is on all this.  Are we past the point of no return?

A. I really wish people would stop listening to self proclaimed prophets who claim to have had dreams or visions where God told them things He never said in the Bible.  They publish these visions without any confirmation and many people give them greater authority than God’s own word.
The only thing the Bible has to say about America is that during the Great Tribulation the nation will be completely destroyed along with all the other nations where Israel has been scattered (Jeremiah 30:11).
The way I read the Bible,  the only thing in America God will save is the part of the Church that lives here (Rev. 3:10).  Jesus will soon take us home to His Father’s house (John 14:2-3) and then what’s left will be destroyed.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/dreams-and-visions/
Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Dreaming Dreams And Seeing Visions Empty Re: Dreaming Dreams And Seeing Visions

Post by Jarhead Sun Aug 09 2015, 06:32

Oh, Amen!
Jarhead
Jarhead
Admin

https://narrowroaddepot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tryphosa Sun Aug 09 2015, 17:50

Thank you Tryph, great lil informative collection!
Tryphosa
Tryphosa

Back to top Go down

Dreaming Dreams And Seeing Visions Empty Confirmation or Not?

Post by Tryphena Mon Aug 10 2015, 08:43

JK nails it again...

Confirmation or Not?
Monday, August 10th, 2015

Q. My question has to do with those individuals in the Body who claim to have received visions or angelic visitations concerning what is coming to pass. A particular incident happened to a godly man that my sister and I know. He says that he had an angelic visitation about 6 mos ago and just recently shared his experience after consulting with the pastor and leadership. The message he received is identical to one given by a close friend of his in 2008. My question is since the messages are identical, is that a confirmation of their validity, or is it an unconscious affirmation that he believes what his friend declared?

A. Confirmation occurs when a second person, who had no way of knowing what the first person said, delivers the same message. It takes the testimony of two or three witnesses to confirm something (Deut. 19:15). Your friend, being close to the person from whom the original vision came, is probably not sufficiently independent offer a legitimate confirmation.
But more importantly, no matter how many people repeat it, a vision also has to conform to what the Bible has already revealed. Hebrews 1:1-2 says that Jesus is the prophet for the last days. That means all prophetic messages have to agree with what He has already said. There is no new revelation, there are only new details supporting the Bible’s original revelation.
Contrary to a currently popular opinion in some parts of the Church, personal revelations, including dreams and visions, do not carry the same weight as the revealed Word of God, and are to be viewed with a great deal of scepticism.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/confirmation-or-not/
Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down