Narrow Road Depot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author

3 posters

Go down

Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author Empty Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author

Post by Jarhead Fri May 09 2014, 09:53

http://karenhancock.com/

Karen Hancock has studied under the same teachers as I and has an excellent article on the Angelic Conflict on her website.  I found this article in 2006 while doing research on the topic and was how I first became aware of her work.

I have read the Legends of the Guardian King series and found them entertaining and of value in comparing our walk as Christians to real-life application.

If the fantasy/Christian genre appeals to you, I highly recommend her.  Enjoy!

Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author Image006
Jarhead
Jarhead
Admin

https://narrowroaddepot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author Empty Re: Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author

Post by Tryphena Fri May 09 2014, 15:57

Will take a look around ~ thanks!
Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author Empty Re: Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author

Post by Tryphosa Fri May 09 2014, 19:05

Did enjoy, thanks JH!
Tryphosa
Tryphosa

Back to top Go down

Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author Empty Why Did God Create Man?

Post by Tryphena Sat May 10 2014, 22:42

From article, Angelic Conflict...

...How did things come to this? The Bible teaches that before the creation of man, a conflict arose between God and His angels when Satan attempted to wrest God’s rulership away from Him. The resulting battle left the earth’s surface ruined (tohu wa bohu) and packed in ice. Presumably at this point the trial occurred that found Satan and his cronies guilty and sentenced them to the Lake of Fire. (5)

Since Satan is not yet in the Lake of Fire, logic says he appealed his sentence. We can easily deduce the grounds on which he did so, since it is an accusation against God’s character we hear often enough in life: how can a loving God cast His creatures into hell?

To answer this appeal, God created man, a lower being, and set him into the great open theater of earth for all the angels to observe. (6)

Through the genius of His plan, using the free will decisions of the original perfect man and woman, God arranged that all the rest of us would begin life condemned as sinners and rebels, just as Satan is condemned. (7) ...

Below is the Bible verse which tells us why mankind was created. 

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

This Omega Letter article by Jack Kinsella expains why God created man and expands more of what Karen Hancock is saying...

http://www.omegaletter.com/articles/articles.asp?ArticleID=7538&SearchFor=why_-_did_-_God_-_create_-_us
Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Post by Tryphena Sat May 10 2014, 22:44

Her books look interesting, I have not read any of that genre. Thanks.
Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author Empty From the Kinsella link:

Post by Jarhead Sun May 11 2014, 05:45

God has a purpose for every detail of our creation.
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)
God created mankind to prove His justice. He created mankind for His pleasure. And He created mankind so He could save them.

But He also created mankind so we could CHOOSE to love Him. There cannot be a choice without an alternative.
"I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:" (Deuteronomy 30:19)
Jarhead
Jarhead
Admin

Back to top Go down

Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author Empty Christian Fiction

Post by Jarhead Sun May 11 2014, 05:59

I don't read a lot of Christian fiction ~ I have read the entire Left Behind series and some of Jerry Jenkins' books and some others I cannot recall at the moment.

Last year I read the A.D. Chronicles by the Thoene  husband-wife team.  (Most excellent.)  I read this series in 2012 ~ one of my first kindle books.  I have only read the Guardian King series ~ the others she has written don't appeal to me to crack the covers.

I particularly liked her portrayal of being 'out of fellowship' as a visible, outward manifestation in the Guardian King series.  It would make life a lot easier, I think if there was a "visible" sign (although, if you stay out of fellowship long enough, it becomes apparent to everyone but you, but I digress...)

I liked the series because it was a touch of fantasy and a lot of adventure à la the King Arthur style.
Jarhead
Jarhead
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tryphena Sun May 11 2014, 08:06

Thank you for drawing that out of the Kinsella article.

I was startled by Hancock's statement. ... To answer this appeal, God created man, a lower being, and set him into the great open theater of earth for all the angels to observe. 

And was prompted to do some further searching  Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author 2259910371 

Currently I am reading the A. D. Chronicles by Thoene which you had mentioned some time ago.
Really enjoying the books. A kindle would be very helpful reading the series,  as someone is just ahead of me & I must wait for them to finish & return the book to the library.

The cosmic conflict that predates mankind intregues me for some future reading.
Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Post by Tryphosa Sun May 11 2014, 08:20

(from the site)

“Good Morning! This is God. I will be handling all your problems today. I will not need your help. So, relax and have a nice day!” ~ San Xavier, Tucson, AZ
Tryphosa
Tryphosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarhead Sun May 11 2014, 09:07

Tryphena wrote:Thank you for drawing that out of the Kinsella article.

I was startled by Hancock's statement. ... To answer this appeal, God created man, a lower being, and set him into the great open theater of earth for all the angels to observe. 

And was prompted to do some further searching  Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author 2259910371 

Currently I am reading the A. D. Chronicles by Thoene which you had mentioned some time ago.
Really enjoying the books. A kindle would be very helpful reading the series,  as someone is just ahead of me & I must wait for them to finish & return the book to the library.

The cosmic conflict that predates mankind intregues me for some future reading.

For me, a friend got nearly the whole series (except a few) at a used bookstore (paperback) for a great price and I downloaded the missing ones at Amazon.

I enjoy the kindle and (never thought I would say this) actually PREFER reading on it rather than paper.
Jarhead
Jarhead
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tryphena Thu May 15 2014, 07:36

On a long flight I took a couple of months ago I noticed most people were using kindles, laptops, cell phones, etc. Very few books & one newspaper.

Our library has the Karen Hancock books. I did check out "The Light of Eidon" but haven't yet started.
Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Post by Tryphena Fri May 23 2014, 06:39

Currently half-way through "Light of Eidon" and am enjoying the it. Still waiting for book 6 of the A.D. Chronicles, this could work for me, alternate reading the two series  
 Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author 922822270
Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author Empty Kinsella ~ The Trial

Post by Tryphena Sat May 24 2014, 12:35

Another Jack Kinsella article related to thread subject of Angelic Conflict (also posted in NRD Commentaries).
https://narrowroaddepot.forumotion.com/t289-kinsella-the-trial

From the Kinsella article The Trial...
One of the purposes for the creation of man, according to Scripture, was the instruction of angels.
“Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; WHICH THINGS THE ANGELS DESIRE TO LOOK INTO." (1st Peter 1:12)
http://www.omegaletter.com/briefs/briefings.asp?BID=4082

As usual a great JK article, the topic goes along with this thread.
Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Post by Tryphena Sun Jun 01 2014, 12:47

Ah, finished "Light of Eidon" and I enjoyed it very much. Was a new genre for me & took to page 92 for me to finally start "getting into" the book. Was very cool at the end how the 3 kings fulfilled prophecy. Will be continuing on with the Legends of the Guardian-King series.

Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author 1474575395
Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarhead Mon Jun 02 2014, 04:38

Glad you stuck it out, Tryph!

I enjoyed the series as well ~ although I am into that genre as a rule anyways, I enjoyed the spiritual comparisons and it made reading all the more fun.

Wish there were more Christian authors.

Currently reading The Glimpse by Grant Carroll

Two couples active in church youth ministry get transported to the near future where Christianity is illegal.

Haven't finished yet, but I do so only because I generally finish what I start unless it's a total waste.   Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author 1078039957
Jarhead
Jarhead
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tryphena Fri Jun 27 2014, 13:58

I am 2/3 finished with book 3 of the Legends of the Guardian King series - Shadow over Kiriath. Abramm seems perhaps a sort of a "King David" type of guy. Very much enjoying the books!

Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author 1474575395
Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Post by Tryphena Wed Jul 23 2014, 08:36

Finished the Return of the Guardian King (4th book) a couple of weeks ago. Back to reading Thoene's AD Chronicles.

Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author 1474575395    Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author 1474575395 
Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarhead Wed Jul 23 2014, 09:09

I enjoyed them, too!   Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author 84519870
Jarhead
Jarhead
Admin

Back to top Go down

Meet Karen Hancock ~ Christian Author Empty God's Plan In A Nutshell

Post by Tryphena Sun Feb 01 2015, 09:23

Jack Kelley's article, God's Plan In A Nutshell is related to the "why did God create man?" discussion in this thread...

https://narrowroaddepot.forumotion.com/t405-god-s-plan-in-a-nutshell
Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarhead Sun Feb 01 2015, 11:04

Yes, Jack's article was a good'un!

As a reminder ~ we must always remember that God is never caught by surprise and knew in Eternity Past all that would happen.  The creation of humankind is not necessarily an 'afterthought' or a 'remedy' or even a backup plan.

And as a reminder, although we are inferior to the angelic host (currently) we will one day be raised to Christ's level.

God will always have the very last laugh.
Jarhead
Jarhead
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down