Narrow Road Depot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Does The Lord Want From Me Anyway?

2 posters

Go down

What Does The Lord Want From Me Anyway? Empty What Does The Lord Want From Me Anyway?

Post by Tryphena Sun Mar 31 2019, 08:39

What Does The Lord Want From Me Anyway?
By Jack Kelley
Wednesday, March 27th, 2019

How to live the Christian life. 

Almost everyone has come up with their own answer to this question, usually a list containing some do's and lots of don'ts. But amidst all the human opinions and the many admonitions in both old and new testaments to behave in certain ways and do certain things, is there a clear undisputed answer, a bottom line requirement?

So What's the Bottom Line?

I thinks there is one.

There's a minimum standard without which any other behavior becomes at best irrelevant and at worst repulsive to the Lord. (see Isaiah 66:3)

Let's take the Old Testament first. There are several places we could look, but to me the clearest is in Micah 6:8. "He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Sounds simple, just three little things, but like most of the Bible, there's more here than meets the eye.

continue reading...
https://gracethrufaith.com/topical-studies/spiritual-life/what-does-the-lord-want-from-me-anyway/
Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

What Does The Lord Want From Me Anyway? Empty Re: What Does The Lord Want From Me Anyway?

Post by Tryphosa Tue Apr 02 2019, 11:33

Thanks Tryph!
(linked this to another thread)
Tryphosa
Tryphosa

Back to top Go down