Narrow Road Depot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heaven: A new Message from Billy Graham

2 posters

Go down

Heaven: A new Message from Billy Graham Empty Heaven: A new Message from Billy Graham

Post by Tryphena Thu Oct 30 2014, 08:34

Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Heaven: A new Message from Billy Graham Empty Re: Heaven: A new Message from Billy Graham

Post by Tryphena Fri Nov 07 2014, 23:02

Happy Birthday Billy Graham - 96 years old today.

Sinner's Prayer from video...

Dear Heavenly Father, I know that I am a sinner.  And I ask for Your forgiveness.  I believer Jesus died for my sins. And rose from the dead.  I turn from my sins. I repent from my sins.  I invite You to come into my heart and my life.  I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior.  In Jesus' Name. Amen.
Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Heaven: A new Message from Billy Graham Empty Re: Heaven: A new Message from Billy Graham

Post by Jarhead Sat Nov 08 2014, 06:58

I have a problem with the sinner's prayer as presented.

The only necessary items are:

I know that I am a sinner.  And I ask for Your forgiveness.  I believe Jesus died for my sins. And rose from the dead.

The turning, repenting, trusting and following will all come later and are FRUITS.  Salvation is not a fruit bearing event.

In fact, promising to "repent" (what the biblical word means and how it is used today are not the same thing) can keep thinking folks from being able to BELIEVE the gospel of the Lord.

We, as sinners, cannot promise to never sin again ~ our part of the deal will always fall through.  That is why salvation does not depend on us or our works such as not sinning.

The thing is we ARE sinners, we NEED a Savior and we can only appropriate salvation by FAITH (believing).

(Jarhead packs up soapbox...)
Jarhead
Jarhead
Admin

https://narrowroaddepot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down