The Rapture: Dealing with the Differences

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Rapture: Dealing with the Differences

Post by Tryphosa on Wed Dec 10 2014, 11:57

Alot of this we may know, but points out a Jesus' words that was new to me, encouraging!

Part One
[size=16]By Gene Lawley[/size]

Anyone who has thought he or she would read up on the subject of the Rapture of the church no doubt has come up against a barrage of different opinions on almost every facet of the topic. It ranges from, “There isn’t one” to “Is it pre or mid or pre-wrath or post-Tribulation,?” As well as, “What initiates it and when?”
Is it a problem that God allowed by making the matter unclear in His Word? In another matter in Scripture, He says this:
“Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound, unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played? For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare for battle?” (1 Corinthians 14:7-8).
If Jesus tells us to “watch” (Matthew 24:42), how can that be done with contradictions of signs and sounds pointing to the Lord’s appearance as a thief at night?
Others have suggested that some things are hidden in Scripture so that the enemy, Satan and his emissaries, cannot easily see them and be able to corrupt the message. Keeping a handle on what God’s attributes are—that He is unchangeable, cannot lie, and knows all things, among others—we can be sure He is not purposely trying to keep those who belong to Him in confusion. The promise that Jesus made when He described the coming of the Comforter to His disciples— has far-reaching clarity to the issue:
“However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come” (John 16:13).
The question then still remains—why are there so many differences in the interpretations of end-time prophecies, particularly (for this article) in regard to the Rapture of the church? If John 16:13, above, is true, and of course it is true, the problem must be with pre-conceived ideas trying to be supported by Scripture, actual misunderstanding of the passages, or not lining-up the Scriptures in a balanced and rightly divided manner. Perhaps, even totally ignoring Scripture that does not fit into a false concept may drive the conclusion.
Recently I saw two interviews on separate prophecy television shows in which both individuals claimed they had heard in a dream or vision that the Lord was telling them to declare the message of the revelation of prophecy they were being told. The second one was told to take a year off and study Revelation and write a book on it, which he did. Surprisingly, though (or maybe not so much), neither of their results were the same nor were they in balance and consistent with Scripture.
It remains that any “dream or vision” that does not line-up with Scripture cannot be of God, for God does not contradict Himself. What the Holy Spirit guided the writers of old, and of New Testament times, is fixed in place as the enduring, eternal Word of God. Otherwise, no promise of God could be considered reliable.
Is There Really a Rapture Event?
Jesus gave the first hint of a Rapture in the New Testament when He was consoling Mary and Martha on the death of their brother, Lazarus. In John 11:25-26, He told Martha:
“I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.”
Paul writes of what happens to the individual believer when the Rapture occurs with these words in 1 Corinthians 15:50-53:
“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.”
Again Paul wrote to describe the event of the Rapture in 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17:
“For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.”
(see links for remaining article and part 2)
http://www.raptureready.com/featured/lawley/lawley69.html    Part 1

http://www.raptureready.com/featured/lawley/lawley68.html    Part 2
Tryphosa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Rapture: Dealing with the Differences

Post by Jarhead on Thu Dec 11 2014, 04:04

Very lengthy article ~ I skimmed and will study later!
Jarhead
Admin

View user profile http://narrowroaddepot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tryphosa on Thu Dec 11 2014, 09:36

Yep, it is a lengthy read, but what encouraged me was what is highlighted in pink.  Paul spoke about the rapture, it appears that Jesus did too.  It is a great encouragement to me and an answer to a prayer.

Jesus gave the first hint of a Rapture in the New Testament when He was consoling Mary and Martha on the death of their brother, Lazarus. In John 11:25-26, He told Martha:
“I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.”
Tryphosa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum