Narrow Road Depot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 5th Cup at Passover

3 posters

Go down

The 5th Cup at Passover Empty The 5th Cup at Passover

Post by Jarhead Fri Apr 11 2014, 07:42

This is Passover Week ~ a great time to brush up on the lessons, learn about the 5th Cup!  Enjoy!

Holy Week 4/4 – 5th CUP
April 9, 2012 by deanlbailey
Every Year, at Passover, the Jewish Community partake in a Passover meal. Its actually called a “Seder Meal” and it’s a meal that is full of ritual and symbolism.
The main thing at Passover for the Jews is to “Remember”. “Remember what ?”, you might ask. Well, to remember the Exodus from Egypt. This is one of Gods greatest and most significant Saving Acts in History. God saved His people from Slavery in Egypt.
The 5th Cup at Passover Last-supperWhen we take a look at the events of the Last Supper that Jesus took part in with His disciples on the night of His arrest, most Scholars agree that this was a “Seder Meal”.
During the meal there are four significant promises of God that are recalled. At each one of these promises, as they are recited, the attendees will “drink a cup” of wine. In other words they drink to the promise.
In Exodus 6:6-7 you will read How God makes these promises and what these promises are.
Each cup thus represents one of the four promises which are:
The 5th Cup at Passover Seder-meal11.)   Santification: God Says, “I Will bring you out…”
2.)   Blessing:  God Says, “I will free you from being slaves….”
3.)   Redemption: God Says, “I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and might acts of Judgement…”
4.)   Acceptance/Protection: God Says, “I will take you as my people and I will be your God…”

More here:  http://deanlbailey.wordpress.com/2012/04/09/120406-holy-week-44-5th-cup/
Jarhead
Jarhead
Admin

https://narrowroaddepot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The 5th Cup at Passover Empty Re: The 5th Cup at Passover

Post by Tryphena Fri Apr 11 2014, 09:03

Powerful lesson continues in the article. Thanks for posting Jarhead. Link has been placed on my favorites.
Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Post by Tryphosa Mon Apr 14 2014, 11:41

Excellent.

This part made me think of tonight-we'll be staying up and watching.

"So the tradition of watching is part of this Passover.
For many modern Jewish families, when the meal is finished then Passover is finished, but there are still families who observe this “Leyl Shimurim” by staying up, in some cases all night, remembering, watching in commemoration of that first Passover."
Tryphosa
Tryphosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tryphena Tue Apr 15 2014, 10:39

Tryphena
Tryphena

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down