Is The Church The Rebuilt Temple?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Tryphena on Sun Feb 09 2014, 09:05

Thursday, February 6th, 2014

Q. Can you please give us your opinion on a well known archaeologist who claimed that we the Church are the re-built temple?

A. I didn’t know this person thought we are the rebuilt Temple, but I don’t agree. Paul said that during the Church Age the Body of Christ serves as the temple of God in the spiritual sense (1 Cor. 3:16). But after the rapture it will be a different story. In addition to numerous mentions of an actual Temple that hasn’t been built yet in Ezekiel 40-48, the Bible mentions a temple in Daniel 9:27, Matt. 24:15, 2 thes 2:4, and Rev. 11:1. All these references have to do with a literal temple in the end times, beginning with Daniel’s 70th Week and continuing into the Millennium.

http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/church-rebuilt-temple/#more-44877
Tryphena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is The Church The Rebuilt Temple?

Post by Tryphena on Sun Feb 09 2014, 09:06

Hmm, this is how I understand... The body of Christ is serving as the Temple of God in the spiritual sense during the Church age. The Body of Christ becomes the Bride of Christ at the rapture, thus the Spiritual Temple of God is gone from the earth, then the Jewish people get their Temple built. There actually has been a Temple on earth since the Jersusalem Temple destruction in 68 AD.
Tryphena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarhead on Sun Feb 09 2014, 09:42

It's rather an apples-orange sorta' thing, Tryph.

There's no scriptural evidence that the Shekinah Glory ever actually resided in the 2nd Temple.

The Jews have had no national temple as the focal point of their covenant with God since 68AD.

In the sense that every believer since the Cross is indwelt by the Holy Spirit, the church is the temple in that sense.

To me the whole issue is semantics and anti-Semitic at worst.  Semantics as it keeps people arguing over trivia and the more important issues of staying in fellowship and anti-Semitic in that for a certain people they use it to deny Israel their place in the Plan of God.
Jarhead
Admin

View user profile http://narrowroaddepot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tryphosa on Tue Feb 11 2014, 10:02

Tryphena wrote:Hmm, this is how I understand... The body of Christ is serving as the Temple of God in the spiritual sense during the Church age. The Body of Christ becomes the Bride of Christ at the rapture, thus the Spiritual Temple of God is gone from the earth, then the Jewish people get their Temple built. There actually has been a Temple on earth since the Jersusalem Temple destruction in 68 AD.

Interesting thought, thanks Tryph!   
Tryphosa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum